Boys Varsity Lacrosse
Greetings Riverside Lacrosse,
We hope that your school year is off to a fantastic start!
Off-Season Fall Schedule – Below is the off season fall training schedule. It mirrors what we have done in the past. Green Day workouts and lifting sessions are designed to give players the opportunity to improve their game. They are not mandatory, but highly encouraged. We love our players to play multiple sports. If you are involved in a fall or winter sport, they have priority. Please note that some dates may change, however, any change will be communicated via email, posting on the website, and twitter.
Important: In order to participate in any offseason workout, players need to have all of the required paperwork turned in and submitted. Please look on www.riversiderams.net under required forms for participation.
Weight Room (Most Important)
Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning starting Monday September 9th. From 7:00-8:00am. Please meet in the hallway outside the locker room. Bring Water. Dates and Times are subject to change due to weather and field availability. Changes will be communicated via Website and alerts.
Wednesday, October 2nd 7:15 pm to 9:00 pm Riverside Stadium
Wednesday, October 9th 7:15 pm to 9:00 pm Riverside Stadium
Wednesday, October 16th 7:15 pm to 9:00 pm Riverside Stadium
Wednesday, October 23th 7:15 pm to 9:00 pm Riverside Stadium
Wednesday, November 6th 7:15pm to 9:00pm Riverside Stadium
Friday, November 22nd 7:00pm to 8:45pm Riverside Stadium
Wednesday, December 4th 7:00pm to 8:45pm Riverside Stadium (Shootout Team Only)
1. VEL League: Games on Saturdays during the Fall.
- If you still would like to play. Please contact the VEL staff directly about sign up options.
2.Fairfax Fall Brawl: November 23th (Varsity) and 24th (JV)
- Information will be coming soon (Please keep the weekend open)
3.Oakton Turkey Shootout: Sunday December 8th2019.
- Location will be at South County HS.
- This is a very competitive, Varsity Level, tournament. More information to come (Please keep that date open).
4. Ashburn Bandits Clinics:
- Friday, October 4th; Friday, October 11th
- This is a great opportunity to give back and help the youth lacrosse players
- Any returning player, grades 10-12, can help out
- This does count towards NHS hours
- Contact Josh Ruwe or Evan Park if interested in helping out.
Greetings Riverside Lacrosse,
I hope you all are off to a great start to a new school year and are excited about building toward the 2020 Lacrosse Season! The coaches could not be more excited about working with such a fantastic group this year. We are going to work hard, see the results of our work, and have a blast doing so! A couple of quick things that we wanted to get out to you today.
- We will be having a meeting for ALL interested in playing Boys Lacrosse this year on next Tuesday 9/10. We will meet in the Weight Room @ 4:10pm. If you are a Fall Sport Athlete please let your coach know that you will be attending the meeting and that you may be 5 min late to practice. I have spoken with those coaches and they are good with it; however, YOU need to communicate with them.
- VEL sign up. If you have not done so already, please sign up for the VEL Fall League, game start this Saturday 9/7. I have spoken with the football staff and they have expressed that they are willing to work with us. Again, you as a player, need to communicate with them directly.
- http://virginia-elite-lacrosse.com/ (Please choose the appropriate Varsity or JV button)
- We would like all returning Varsity Players and/or 11th and 12th graders to sign up for the Riverside Varsity team.
- We would like remaining 9th and 10th graders to sign up for the Riverside JV Team.
- Monday 9/9 will be our first lifting session. The strength and conditioning that we develop is a huge factor in our success as a program. It helps to prevent injury, build physical and mental toughness, and allows us to come together as a team. Coach Kirkland and Coach Fenner lead our Strength and Conditioning. They do a fantastic job in building functional strength and speed.
- We lift every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning from 7:00am-8:15am.
- Be sure you are on time ready to get after it.
- As we start the school year, please remember that you are representing the Riverside Lacrosse program in everything that you do. When you wear our gear people know you. We will be the most respectful, hard working, and positive leaders in the building. That is the expectation and standard set by those before you. Being a Riverside Lacrosse player is special.
We will finalize the Fall workout/Green Day Schedule very soon and have that out to you all. We will not start organized green days until October. Right now our focus is the weight room and getting ready to attack a difficult schedule in the spring!
Go Rams, ALL IN!