Girls Varsity Lacrosse
We are so excited to honor our amazing SENIORS on Tuesday night at our HOME game against Heritage! Senior Night is a very special time at Riverside and we hold this night as one of the most sacred milestones in our program, a night to celebrate the leadership and dedication that our seniors give to our players, our coaches and our program every day.
This is your night Meghna, Elise, Canada and Marissa and we cannot wait to celebrate YOU!
Thank goodness the cold doesn't bother us anymore after 7 months of winter weather and freezing temperatures! Tonight will be just another day in the cold windy life for our RAMS as we take the field against a skilled Loudoun Valley team. We are going to need our AWESOME fan base at our back tonight as we look to extend our winning streak in this 3 game week! Bundle up and come on out!
NOTE: Tomorrow morning I have to have the 3rd surgery in a really enjoyable series of eye surgeries...insert sarcasm here...and I will be out for the day. Coach Madi has the reins and will handle training in my absence. I will be back on the scene Saturday as we prep for another big 3 game week with Senior Night on Tuesday at home and travel to Patriot.
Big one tonight Team, let's get fired UP, play as a TEAM and represent Riverside Girls Lacrosse with pride!
We are rolling this week! We enjoyed a much needed day off on Monday and hit the training field hard the last several days, focusing on building conditioning, IQ and adding another layer to our team defense. This process has brought many laughs, a few tears and ultimately a more complicated defense that is sure to lead the state in knockdowns and interceptions. Hoping that our fans get their monies worth tomorrow night when we put it into action against Freedom.
- 7:15pm at Freedom, bus leaves at 4:30pm SHARP. All players will stay after school and we will ride to Freedom with JV, pack extra snacks:)
- Spirit Wear: orders should be delivering over the next 24 hours
- Saturday UPDATE: Team Photo Shoot with Mr Wharton, during training in the stadium, white uniforms. Bring training gear as we will train after photos.
- Team Dinner: Sunday night at The McCaugheys House
- Monday EARLY training 4:15-6pm(this is a change, boys have a game so we can get on the turf early)
- Tuesday: Park View HOME 7pm
- Wednesday: Tuscarora HOME 7pm
- Thursday: Loudoun Valley HOME 7pm
Good morning RAMS,
We wrapped a busy week at The Side that started with an away game Broad Run, hosting an out of state top team and then our season home opener and Youth Night! PHEW...the great news is that the weather has REALLY started to improve...or not. Training this morning was CHILLY and we are hoping to see the sun and some warmer temps next week!
Looking forward to the week ahead, we have several key events and lots of training before our next game.
MONDAY: Teacher in Service Day, NO SCHOOL. JV will train/pregame for Foxcroft at 4:15pm on the practice turf
TUESDAY: Varsity Team Training 4:15pm to 5:45pm on the practice turf. Team Event at JV v Foxcroft game 6:30pm to 7:30pm
WEDNESDAY: Varsity Team Training 4:15pm to 6pm on the practice turf. Draw Control Academy 5:45pm to 6:15pm
THURSDAY: Varsity Team Training 6:30am to 8am on the practice turf. Thursday Club at 4:15pm, INVITE ONLY:) AND SENIOR PHOTO SHOOT with MR WHARTON
FRIDAY: Freedom AWAY 7:15pm
SATURDAY: Varsity Team Training 8am to 10am on the Stadium, PHOTO SHOOT with Mr WHARTON TBD
- Team Store orders are due ANY DAY
- We will place a REORDER for the white skirt. The option for this year is SLIGHTLY different, have built in grey compression shorts and runs a bit smaller than the skirt from last year. Players are welcome to wear either white skirt. Orders for the 2nd wave of orders are due on TUESDAY at training.
SHOUTOUTS: It truly takes a village to run a thriving high school program and we have the best village in the business! THANK YOU ALL!
- Our amazing Team Moms, Misty and Danielle for EVERYTHING they do! Welcoming Brighton, running Youth Night, goodie bags, and everything else under the sun!
- All of our great families for baking and helping to welcome Brighton to Virginia!
- Mrs Gabaldon for organizing our Senior Photo Shoot
- The Fuel Crew, Mrs Kim and Mrs Lutz and the band of merry delivery moms who never miss a meal and keep the entire program fueled!
- OUR DADS...you deserve some love too! The announcing is over the top great, our dynamic duo at the scorer's table, our film KING high above the press box and the constant CHEERING, HECKLING(let's work on this) and SUPPORT that we feel at our backs on every game day!
- Behind every player is a family that supports her dedication to our program and we thank you for sharing her with us and supporting us in everything we do!
Enjoy the long weekend...
We are clearly dealing with a big weather event for today and potentially tomorrow/Thursday. We need to be flexible and prepared for anything. As of this morning, we are heading to school and the home opener is ON. However, as we look at the predicted weather for this afternoon and evening, there is obviously question about evening activities being cancelled. We will keep you updated as we receive additional information. LCPS will determine the fate of our game; if they choose to shut down after school/evening activities then we are cancelled.
Looking ahead: we will need to remain flexible as we look at the balance of the week. Wednesday we will plan to train as scheduled unless weather dictates otherwise. Thursday we face a new opponent in Patriot High School and there is potential that if school is closed tomorrow, we would have NO training prior to this game. While this is not an optimal situation, we need to remain mature, flexible and dedicated to putting a quality product on the field regardless of missed training.
Here is our motto this week: FLEXIBILITY wins the DAY. Lets embrace that spirit and work together to fight through whatever challenges the weather may bring our way.
Weekly Update Coming at YOU!
Riverside Lacrosse: The week ahead, and a quick look back!
Alrighty RAM Fam, here we go! Huge week ahead as we ramp UP to Spring Break!
Hopefully we are all thawed out after a COLD week and a chilly season opener on the frozen tundra at Potomac Falls on Friday night! Proud of you for a solid win against the reigning 5A State Champions and a strong win for our JV Team. We had a lot of very bright spots and several areas that we will continue to focus on. The great news is that we have 3 very competitive games/scrimmages behind us as we head into this week and our home opener on Tuesday against Tuscarora and then an unknown opponent in Patriot High School. We will be ready for whatever comes our way!
THE WEEK AHEAD:
Monday: Team Training on the practice turf, 4:15 - 6pm
Tuesday: SEASON HOME OPENER JV 6pm, Varsity 7pm vs. Tuscarora
Wednesday: Team Training on the practice turf, 4:15 - 6pm
Thursday: HOME GAME JV 6pm, Varsity 7pm vs. Patriot High School
Friday: Varsity TEAM event
- MEALS: Reminder that our wonderful Mrs Lutz and Mrs Kim need an email from you if there is any change to your Potbelly order.
- TEAM STORE: Our team store turns into a pumpkin at midnight TONIGHT, so please be sure that you complete the order process prior to the clock striking 12! The white long sleeve is the ONE mandatory item, this is our game day shooter shirt.
- SPRING BREAK: We reward our program for hard work and commitment through a long preseason by giving our players and families time to relax over Spring Break. We have seen the effects of a scheduled break on our players and feel confident that this time off allows our players to go the distance for the entire season. Reset, refuel and add some conditioning and strength "activities" to each day as you relax:)
- PHOTOS: Parents, if you are snapping pictures of the team, PLEASE send them to me! We have Mr Wharton covering alot of our games, but we can use all the photos we can get for several projects we have going on. If it is easier for me to send you a thumb drive, please let me know and I will get it done.
Full speed ahead , SEASON HOME OPENER is HERE!
Riverside Girls Lacrosse,
Scrimmage Week continues TONIGHT…SCRIMMAGE #2 a.k.a the Stone Bridge SHUFFLE based on the new transportation plan that has been approved. We are opting to shuttle the JV and Varsity Teams back and forth to Stone Bridge to avoid players hanging around waiting in the cold weather expected at game time.
5pm: JV bus departs
5pm: Varsity Team report to TEAM ROOM
Bus drops off JV and turns back around fro RVH
5:45pm: Varsity boards bus
5:45-6pm: Varsity departs for SB
6pm: JV Scrimmage vs Stone Bridge
7pm: Varsity Scrimmage vs Stone Bridge
7ish: JV shuttles back to RVH
Bus drops off JV and turns back around for Stone Bridge
8:15pm: Bus picks up Varsity at Stone Bridge
Please read and understand the transportation updates carefully; we need to all be prepared and ON TIME to make this work. Even with the adjusted transportation plan it will be cold, bring on the layers!
Here we go...you have been very patient and the link to the team store is complete! Couple things I would like to draw your attention to:
- The store will close on March 18th, items in hand by April 2nd
- gRAMparent tshirt: we all ordered this item directly from our wonderful Mrs Gabaldon, Riverside Lacrosse DOES NOT NEED TO ORDER TSHIRTS AGAIN ON THE TEAM STORE. This team store link will go to other teams who might want a gRAMparent shirt for their athletes and that is why it is on our online store.
- Click on each item in the gear store to see the variety of colors. Most items are available in our 3 flagship colors.
- There are 2 links; one is for the gear store. The second link is for a Riverside Girls Lacrosse blanket.
- Team backpack order is attached as a flyer. We have to order those separately. These are not mandatory, but we are doing a quick turn on these so we need your complete order and check by tomorrow at the Stone Bridge scrimmage.
- MANDATORY ITEM: The white long sleeve performance tshirt is our game day shooter. PLEASE BE SURE THAT YOU ORDER THIS ITEM. We are only making one item mandatory so please be sure that you order it:)
TEAM GEAR STORE:
BACKPACKS: Flyer attached
We are headed into SCRIMMAGE Week 2018! Very exciting as we prep for the first opportunities to take the field as a team this season; and much work to be done between now and Wednesday. We lost training this Friday/Saturday and we are doubling down our training efforts Monday and Tuesday. This is a week that we will use every scheduled training minute that we have available.
Training Monday/Tuesday is on the practice turf right after school 4:15pm until 6pm. Preparation is key: always come with cleats/running shoes/layers/reversible pinnie. Lack of preparation will get you a direct invite to After School Club on Thursday.
Wednesday: Scrimmages vs Oakton at HOME
Thursday: Team Training 6:30am-8am STADIUM
Friday: Scrimmages vs Stone Bridge AWAY
Saturday: VARSITY Team Training 8am-10am STADIUM
**PLEASE NOTE** In an effort to support the Riverside High School attendance policy, we will be holding "AFTER SCHOOL CLUB" on Thursdays at 4:15pm for all players who are late to school/unexcused during the week. This will be a conditioning session. Players, preserve your one afternoon without training by getting to school on time!
Team Store: Look for the link in the next day. We have 2 team stores with a wide variety of products.
gRAMparents GEAR: The order form for the adorable gRAMparent tshirts is uploaded to our site. Please contact Mrs. Gabaldon directly with questions/order. Let's make sure that all of our most special fans have this awesome gear, thank you Mrs Gabaldon!
Lanyards: Once again, Mrs Connolly crushes the lanyard game for our parents and players! Please let us know if you need assistance ordering the lanyard. Details are also available on the site. Thanks so much Mrs Connolly!
Game Day Meals: Mrs Lutz and Mrs Kim have put a lot of elbow grease behind this project and players will have the opportunity to select exactly what they want and for which games they would like to order a meal.
Enjoy your Sunday and be rested and ready to roll this week!
Thank you all for a great year 3 TRYOUT WEEK! We survived snow, rain, windburn and were rewarded with a brief glimpse of the sun and 70 degrees on one day at least. You were troopers and we appreciate your dedication and team spirit!
We finalized teams last night, held player meetings and look forward to putting STRONG JV and VARSITY Teams on the field this spring.
Schedule for the remainder of the week:
- Friday February 23rd: 4:15pm to dark, training for the entire program on the practice turf
- Saturday February 24th: VARSITY Team Training 8am-10am STADIUM followed by locker/uniform distribution
- Saturday February 24th: 10am JV locker/uniform distribution
And just like that, we are back to work! Year 3 here we go...
Update on our partnership with Ashburn Youth Lacrosse and their rescheduled Spring Evaluations:
Ashburn Youth Lacrosse is rescheduling evaluations for THIS week and we are looking for volunteers to assist in the process.
Thursday, February 15th 5pm to 6:30pm at Evergreen SportsPlex
Friday February 16th 5pm to 6:30pm at Evergreen SportsPlex
The Friday session conflicts with our Tryout Meeting, so we are moving the Tryout Meeting to 8:30am on Friday morning so that we can support our friends at Ashburn Lacrosse. Please make this adjustment to your schedules!
Today begins our scheduled VHSL Dead Period, and as such we are not allowed to do anything sport specific with our players, but we will use the week prior to tryouts to meet/set expectations for tryouts. We are full steam ahead starting this Friday.
Friday, February 16th 4:20pm: PLAYER Tryout Meeting. We will collect any outstanding paperwork, discuss tryout expectations and answer all questions. Meet in Coach Benson's classroom. Expect this meeting to last about 45 minutes.
Countdown is ON!
We are getting this message out early so that you are not dragging along additional Green Day gear to morning training; we are canceling our Green Day tomorrow due to the predicted wind. Combined with temps in the 30s, we are looking at a less than optimal training environment.
**NOTE: we are on for SPEED/POWER tomorrow unless there is an LCPS weather delay/cancellation**
Enjoy the rest of your "snow day"!
Almost another week in the books bringing us THAT much closer to Tryouts 2018! We can tell you are getting ready by the increasing numbers at our Tuesday/Thursday SPEED/POWER morning sessions...maybe you just love to inchworm? Either way, we are glad to have you training with the program preseason!
- Green Day tomorrow February 1st: training is in the stadium starting at 4:20pm. There is weather predicted into the evening hours, so plan to wrap up at 5:45pm.
- RAMS BLUE BOX Team: the BLUE Team is on a bye this weekend
- RAMS WHITE BOX Team: 1pm game v Dominion
- RAMS VARSITY BOX: as the first seed, we drew the 3pm game against the 8 seed
- Unfortunately the Ashburn Youth Evaluations were canceled last weekend due to rain. Stay tuned for a makeup date.
Finish the week strong and obviously GO EAGLES this weekend in Super Bowl action:)
Reminder that the Ashburn Youth Lacrosse Tryouts are this weekend and we are helping run the drills/stations. Please reply to me directly if you are interested in coaching, volunteer hours will be given for participation.
- Saturday January 20th, 12pm-3pm Evergreen SportsPlex
- Help needed: run drill stations so the coaches can evaluate players
- WHO: sophomores, juniors and seniors
Just another way to #CONNECT
Good morning RAMS,
Hope you are enjoying an extended weekend over the Martin Luther King Jr Holiday!
Last week we kicked off our SPEED/POWER Series and we feel like we are off to a solid start with some sport specific targeted training in the weight room and the gym. Reminder that this is the best preparation for the season and there is no cost to participate, looking forward to seeing the entire program in attendance.
We are back in action this week on Tuesday and Thursday at 6:45am for SPEED/POWER and also Thursday for Green Day in the STADIUM at 4:15 until 6pm.
TRYOUT UPDATE: We handed out the tryout schedule at our interest meeting last Thursday. The doc is also posted on our Riversiderams site. PLEASE note one small time adjustment to DAY ONE: our sessions will be 8am to 10am and 12pm to 3pm. We apologize for the slight change, but we are working with the Athletic Department as they schedule tryouts across all spring sports.
How will you choose to #CONNECT with us this week?
Riverside Girls Lacrosse,
We are just about 6 weeks away from Tryout 2018! This is a very exciting year for our program from a growth perspective as we welcome a strong 2021 class to our program. Preseason training is a critical ingredient for a successful program; the 6 weeks leading up to tryouts allow players to work together and CONNECT while building strength, speed and sport specific agility skills. Over the next 6 weeks, our coaching staff will conduct SPEED/POWER Training for the entire program on Tuesday/Thursday mornings from 6:45am to 8am at Riverside. We encourage all players that are planning to tryout for our 2018 JV and Varsity Teams to commit to preseason training and get stronger and faster TOGETHER.
FOR EACH SESSION: All players should report to the Riverside Weight Room in training gear wearing running shoes and prepared for indoor/outdoor activities with layers. Please be sure to eat something for breakfast prior to training. The PE Locker Room will be open to all players following training so they can shower prior to school.
WEATHER/SCHOOL CLOSING/DELAY: This seems to be a thing right now:) If school is cancelled/delayed we will NOT have our morning session. We will tweet and message through TeamSnap and Riversiderams.net if we are cancelled.
Tomorrow, Tuesday January 9th is our SPEED/POWER kick off. We look forward to seeing EVERYONE at 6:45am.
The Holiday Break has been a BUSY time for our ambitious crew of RAMS! In 2 short weeks you have hosted a youth clinic for 25 aspiring young lacrosse players, competed in BOX games, spent countless hours on the wall AND attended camps and clinics up and down the east coast...very proud of you! As New Years Eve rolls in and we swap the calendar over to 2018, take some time to enjoy your family and friends and celebrate the New Year SAFELY.
WHAT'S UP NEXT: We look forward to seeing everyone back at Riverside for the start of classes on January 2nd. We have designed PHASE II to start on January 9th so that our student athletes have the first week to get back in the swing of academics. PHASE II will be handled in house by our coaching team and will follow our regular speed/lift schedule on Tuesday/Thursday 6:45am to 8am for 6 weeks, January 9th through February 12th. Please make note that Rierside gear is required for all sessions and we have a HARD start time at 6:45am, any late athletes cannot train.
ASHBURN LACROSSE: We continue to love our relationship with Ashburn Youth Lacrosse and are excited to have an opportunity to participate in their Spring Tryouts for 2018. We will need upperclassmen to volunteer for tryout sessions on the dates below. We will give volunteer hours for this amazing chance to share the game.
- January 20th: 12pm to 3pm
- January 28th: 2pm to 5pm
Happy New Year and see you at BOX this weekend!
Good morning RAMS,
Dulles SportsPlex has released the registration links for our teams, and just in the nick of time, since games for JV start this weekend...nothing like a QUICK START!
Our sophomore class will play in the JV division as the Riverside White Team. If you played JV for the 2017 season and are a sophomore, please register for the White Team using this registration LINK:
Our freshman class will play in the JV division as the Riverside BLUE Team. If you are a freshman, please register for the BLUE Team using this registration LINK:
Our returning Varsity Team will play in the Varsity division as the Riverside Varsity BLUE Team. If you are a returning Varsity player, please register for the Varsity Team using this registration LINK:
Thanks you all an see you this weekend!
Good morning RAMS! Flexibility wins the day tomorrow:). Dulles SportsPlex still has us on schedule for/ Riverside WHITE: 1pm v Herndon Riverside BLUE: 5pm v Woodgrove Ashburn Youth Lacrosse has their final eval date tomorrow from 2pm - 5pm at Evergreen. Please come help at evals if you can even for a little bit! See you all tomorrow at one event or the other! #flexible #CONNECT
Good morning RAMS! Flexibility wins the day tomorrow:). Dulles SportsPlex still has us on schedule for 3pm tomorrow so let's plan on it unless we hear otherwise! I will keep you updated as I text with DSP. Ashburn Youth Lacrosse has their final eval date tomorrow from 2pm - 5pm at Evergreen. If Broad Run forfeits, we would love to all hands on deck to volunteer at the youth evaluation. See you all tomorrow at one event or the other! #flexible #CONNECT
RAMS, 2 hour delay = cancelled SPEED/POWER for tomorrow morning. Thursday is now DAY ONE! #betterLATEthanNEVER