Announcements and Important Events
Riverside Students and Parents,
Another exciting athletic year is right around the corner with games starting in just a couple of weeks. This communication serves to provide some important information for all families regarding athletics at Riverside this school year.
- The Riverside Athletic Booster Club continues to be an incredible supporter of all Riverside student athletes and teams. Please become a booster club member. Your membership support goes entirely to support our student athletes. As a reminder, in order to be eligible for the senior scholarships, senior families must be booster club members. Membership information is available at RiversideRams.Net under "Parents."
- Also available at TicketSpicket.com (then Search "Riverside Leesburg) are family season passes. Tickets cost $7 per person. For families who will attend multiple events throughout the school year, the season passes are a great savings. A number of different pass options are available—home regular season games, individual home games, and NEW THIS YEAR—all home and away games at LCPS schools for the family.
- Our booster club has a great business sponsorship/advertising package. The package is available at RiversideRams.Net under "boosters." If your business, or a business you frequent, would like to sponsor, please share the attached document. Interested businesses can reach out to Matt.Oblas@LCPS.org for more information. 100% of the sponsorship goes directly to the team of your choosing.
- The booster club’s primary income comes from our concession stand sales. We invite anyone to help support by working in the concession stand for a night or two. Signups are available at RiversideRams.Net under “Volunteer Sign Up.” $20 per shift worked goes directly to the team of your choosing when you work. Each year, over $10,000 is given directly to our teams just from concession working. It’s a great fundraiser for all teams and provides an important service at our games.
- Athletic Paperwork—In order to participate in athletics in LCPS, athletes must submit a VHSL physical and complete online paperwork. Instructions for both are on RiversideRams.Net under “Required Forms for Participation.”
- Follow Riverside athletics at www.RiversideRams.Net and on twitter @RVHSRamsSports.
- Important Athletic Dates:
Tuesday, August 9 at 7pm—Fall Sports Parent Meeting in the main gym
Thursday, September 1 at 7pm—First home varsity football game
Monday, November 7—Winter Sports Tryouts Begin
Monday, February 20—Spring Sports Tryouts Begin