Announcements and Important Events
Winter Athletes and Parents,
Winter sports tryouts are right around the corner!! A few quick updates and reminders for everyone:
- This will obviously be a much different winter sports season than any of us have ever experienced. Thank you in advance for your patience and assistance as we work through this together. We want to do everything possible to make sure that we have a winter sports season for our athletes. Please make good decisions outside of school to ensure the season continues for all athletes.
- Please scan and email your VHSL physical to Kevin.Weeren@LCPS.org and Matt.Oblas@LCPS.org this week prior to tryouts if you have not done so already. Due to the increased health screening measures prior to every practice, we will not be accepting hard copies of the physicals on site at tryouts. Please also complete the online portion of the paperwork this week. Those instructions are posted on RiversideRams.Net under “Required Forms for Participation.” Please email your head coach if you’d like to confirm whether or not you’re on the “eligible” athletic paperwork list.
- Please visit RiversideRams.Net under “Parents” and then “Files” to access Winter Practice Schedules, the Winter Game Schedule, and other necessary files. Please note that games will take place throughout the winter break this year, so please refer closely to the game and practice schedules.
- Athletes will need to complete an online health questionnaire prior to every practice. More detailed instructions will be communicated later this week. Coaches will take athletes’ temperatures prior to every practice and game as well.
- Athletes will bring their own water to each practice and game. Please make sure to label your water bottle.
- Locker rooms are not utilized at schools this winter season. Athletes will arrive dressed in practice gear or game uniform daily. They will remove their sweats on site when they arrive and put their sweats back on when they leave. Athletes’ gear will be left against the wall spread out during practice or the game.
- Masks are worn at all times indoors. Masks can be removed for athletic competition only. When an athlete is not on the court/floor/mat/pool competing they will be wearing a mask.
- Athletes can be dropped off for each tryout or practice directly at their team’s entrance door. Athletes that drive should park in the front parking lot and enter the building at their team’s entrance door.
- Tryout info for the first few days:
- Girls Basketball: December 7-9 from 4:15-6:15pm. Enter the building at the Main Gym Door C2.
- 9th grade Boys Basketball: December 7-9 4:15-6:15pm at Belmont Ridge MS. Drop-off and health screening will take place at the Belmont Ridge MS gym entrance.
- 10th-12th grade Boys Basketball: December 7-9 6:30-9pm. Enter the building at the Main Gym Door C2.
- Gymnastics: December 14-16 from 6:15-8:15pm. Enter the building at the Girls PE hallway Door B4.
- Wrestling: December 14-16 from 4:15-6:15pm. Enter the building at the Boys PE hallway Door B3.
- Swimming: December 14-16 at the Potomac Club and Riverside HS. Please refer to Coach Getis’s communication regarding specific teams for each athlete.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing our athletes in the next couple of weeks!